A delicious and incredibly simple three-ingredient queso dip. All you need is heavy cream or coconut milk, cheese and jalapenos. Simply simmer to thicken the milk and stir in the cheese and jalapenos. It doesn’t get much easier! Gluten-free, grain-free, ketogenic, low-carb.
How can I simplify keto and make more quick and easy recipes?
This is one of the most common questions I get. Starting keto can be incredibly overwhelming. There are so many things you need to pay attention to…macro counting, ingredients, carb counts and protein intake. Some recipes take such a long time on top of all of the extras, and it’s no wonder why some people don’t last long!
This queso dip could not be easier to make, you only need two mandatory ingredients, and then you can add in some extras if you’d like. Healthy recipes don’t get much easier than this one! It’s one of those recipes that is nice to have and will help keep you on track during those busy and frustrating days.
All you really need to make this queso is cheese and cream. I do recommend freshly shredded cheese, if possible. It melts better than the shredded cheese in a bag, although this stuff works great too.
I am presenting two options with slightly different instruction methods, as follows. Pick whichever one sounds better to you:
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Simply add your HWC to the pan and simmer over medium low heat until warm. If your cream is too thin, keep simmering until it reduces slightly and becomes thicker. Once it’s nice and thick, whisk in your cheese a little at a time until fully incorporated. Add in some jalapenos or pico de gallo if you’d like.
- Coconut Milk/Cream: This option is great for those looking to reduce their milk consumption a bit.
- A little primer on this option: While it gives a GREAT texture, it will impart a light coconut taste. Be aware that this is the case, and you won’t be surprised. With that being said, I personally love the taste and texture, and would say that this one my favorite.
- For this option, I recommend using the solid stuff at the top of a can of full-fat coconut milk. If your coconut milk is completely liquid, place it in the fridge for a few hours and then scoop out only the top half (which is the coconut cream).
- Simmer the coconut cream in a pan over medium heat until fully-melted. Whisk in the cheese a little at a time until all melted. Add in your optional mix-ins like jalapenos or pico de gallo.
This queso dip is amazing with raw veggies, or atop a casserole filled with chicken and veggies. I made mine into a queso-smothered chicken thighs recipe, stay tuned for a recipe for that, coming real soon!