This Italian sausage, peppers and onions with zucchini noodles is a simple meal for super-busy nights. Keto, low-carb, Paleo, Whole30, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free.
I know that so many of you are struggling to make easy, but also highly nutritious meals that the entire family will enjoy. There are so many quick frozen or pre-made meals at the grocery store that contain wheat, lots of sugar and preservatives.
It’s so easy to just pick up an already made meal, or stop at the drive-through on the way home from work and just be done with the dinner process.
While you’ll never top the convenience of the drive-through, there are ways to make a meal at home that won’t set you back hours of time, and will not send you into a tailspin in terms of diet.
This Italian sausage, peppers and onions with zucchini noodles is definitely one of those meals. The great thing about this meal is that it can SO easily be pulled out of the freezer in times of distress, and put together in 20 minutes.
There are no fresh ingredients that you have to worry about spoiling, so this is a great meal to keep in your back pocket for those super-busy nights.
To make this dish, you’ll just need a few frozen veggies and some sausage. The frozen zucchini spirals are great here, it’s so nice being able to eat healthy without doing all the prep work.
So pick up a bag of frozen peppers and onions, and one or two frozen zucchini spirals along with a package of pork sausage, and let’s get to making the dish!
Toss those zucchini spirals in the microwave, and cook according to the directions.
While they’re cooking, toss the sausage in a skillet and cook until no longer pink. Add in the frozen peppers and onions, along with some Italian seasoning and salt. Simply cook until the peppers and onions are no longer frozen.
Plate the zucchini noodles, and top with the sausage, pepper and onion mixture. DONE!
Here are some other easy meals you can make in a jiffy:
If you give this Italian sausage, peppers and onions with zucchini noodles a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onions with Zucchini Noodles (Low-Carb, Paleo)
- 16 oz sausage
- 12 oz frozen peppers and onion
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt I like this one
- two 12 oz packages frozen zucchini noodles or spirals
- Microwave frozen zucchini spirals, according to package. Drain excess liquid after cooking.
- While the zucchini is defrosting, cook sausage over medium heat on stove until no longer pink.
- Add in frozen peppers and onions, Italian seasoning and salt, and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes, or until veggies are no longer frozen.
- Spoon zucchini spirals onto a plate, then top with a big scoop of sausage, peppers and onions. Top with cheese, if desired. Enjoy!