Salmon patties made with just a few ingredients – canned salmon, onion, egg, green onions and a few spices. Low-carb, ketogenic, Paleo, Whole30 compliant, dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free.
Salmon is a super-healthy way to get in your oh-so-important omega 3’s. I know I can’t be alone in saying that I still have not perfected the subtle art of perfect salmon cooking. You want all of the benefits without the chance of cooking your salmon too long and it ending up dry and tasteless?
These salmon patties take all of the trial and error out of cooking salmon. They’re so moist and tender, and the best thing about them is that you can customize them to your liking! The sky is truly the limit when it comes to flavor combinations.
I really like the base of onions, green onions, cilantro and a little bit of egg to hold them together. They’re so versatile that they will go with practically any seasoning mix you can dream up. Let me see you try that with your regular salmon fillet!
These patties are super fantastic for busy nights as well, since you can whip them up in just about 5 minutes, and they cook in the blink of an eye on the stove!
Ok, so maybe it’ll take a bit longer than that, but really it’s quite quick in terms of cook time. And really, with technology these days, I’m sure someone will come up with a way to make food bake instantly one of these days.
Although, according to Back To The Future II, we should have the Black and Decker Hydrator to make delicious pizzas already. Gosh, we are so behind the times.
Oh, and for those of you who have a dog, I can tell you from experience that mine LOVES when I give him the liquid from the canned salmon in his food. Since you don’t need the liquid in this recipe, feel free to spoil your fuzzy one with a yummy treat 🙂
Hope you all enjoy; this is a great recipe for burger night when you want a lighter and healthier option! Add your favorite bun, or eat it completely bunless like I did. Either way it’s a winner!
Please comment below if you tried and enjoyed this recipe!
If you loved this recipe, you will enjoy the following recipes:
Salmon Patties (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Whole30, Low-Carb, Dairy-Free)
- 1 14.8 oz. can salmon drained
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 green onions chopped, or one handful of cilantro
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste I love this Himalayan pink salt
- Drain liquid from a can of salmon. Add the meat to a strainer, and mash with a fork. Get as much liquid as possible out of the salmon.
- Add salmon to a bowl, and mix in all other ingredients.
- Add two tablespoons coconut oil to a pan over medium heat. Form into burger-sized patties. The recipe makes 6-8 patties.
- Add all patties to the hot pan and cook until the edges get crispy and browned. Flip and repeat, adding more coconut oil if the pan becomes dry.