Super easy to make three-ingredient banana pancakes?! Count me in! This recipe is also gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free!
For those gluten-free folks who feel like they are missing out when it comes to breakfast, I’m here to tell you that you can still eat pancakes! These three-ingredient banana pancakes are wonderful. All you need are eggs, bananas and some sort of flour to thicken the batter, as needed.
These three-ingredient banana pancakes are slightly more time-consuming to make than your regular boxed pancake mix, but trust me, they are worth the extra effort! You want to start by breaking up your bananas into chunks in a bowl, and then mash them until all of the lumps are gone. Ripe bananas make this process easier, and also yield a sweeter pancake.
Once the bananas are completely mashed, add in your eggs, and mix until they are incorporated. If you did not get all of the lumps out of the bananas, you can toss the egg and banana mixture into the blender, and that will take care of the remaining lumps.
If you find that your batter looks too liquidy, you can add in some flour of your choice, a tablespoon at a time, until the batter resembles that of a traditional pancake batter.
I used coconut flour, and it worked fantastically. I only needed two tablespoons for mine. You may need more or less, depending on the type of flour.
These three-ingredient banana pancakes are much more filling than a wheat flour-based pancake. They are super healthy, and just like your regular pancakes, can be customized to your liking.
Chocolate chips, coconut flakes, blueberries, raspberries, cocoa powder, nutella, nuts…add in whatever you have available.
Might I add that you can drizzle them with honey, maple syrup or jam at the end? 🙂
If you enjoyed these pancakes, you will also love these other breakfast recipes!
Three-Ingredient Healthy Banana Pancakes (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free)
- 4 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 1-2 Tbsp flour of your choice if needed to thicken batter. I used this coconut flour
- Mash up bananas in a bowl with a fork until all lumps have been removed. Ripe bananas work best.
- Mix in eggs and stir until fully combined. If there are lumps you could not remove, throw egg and banana mixture into a blender to combine.
- If necessary, add flour of your choice one tablespoon at a time, to thicken the batter.
- Add in additional ingredients to the batter, if desired.
- Cook pancakes over medium heat on the stove, just as you would a traditional pancake.