A microwaveable mug cake that takes less than 5 minutes, start to finish. Gluten-free, grain-free, keto, vegetarian, low-carb.
Since Christmas is over now, and everyone is probably tired of spending all day in the kitchen, I thought it was time that I post a quick and easy recipe that takes just two minutes to make. This microwaveable mug cake is perfect for a quick breakfast when you are running out the door, or when you want a fast dessert and only have a few minutes to spare.
It can be made mildly sweet or savory for breakfast, or more sweet for a delicious dessert. If you want it mildly sweet, use 1.5 tsp of sweetener, and if you want it more sweet, use 1 tbsp of sweetener. For savory, omit the sweetener and add in some cheese or chopped up veggies. It can really be made into anything you can think up!
Making this delicious mug cake takes only a few minutes. All you have to do is start by melting your butter or coconut oil, and then mixing in all the other ingredients. All you have to do next is to microwave in the mug for 90 seconds.
If the mug cake begins to overflow, pause the microwave until it has dropped back down, then resume microwaving. Depending on the mug, you may not have this problem though.
You don’t have to worry about the batter sticking to the mug either. Mine popped right out and I did not add any spray to the mug. In fact, I mixed all of the batter directly in the mug, which I recommend doing, so you only have to wash the one mug. It doesn’t get much easier when it comes to making a cake for one!
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe that is perfect for a post-holiday lazy morning, nighttime or whenever. If you make a version of this microwaveable mug cake, let me know what you think of it!
Microwaveable Mug Cake
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice (for dessert sweetness) or 0.5 tbsp for mildly sweet, omit for savory
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- flavoring, if desired I used 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt I use this brand
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a mug in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Microwave for approximately 90 seconds. Be sure to watch that it does not overflow your mug. If it starts to overflow, pause the microwave and allow it to deflate before resuming.