A delicious and smooth no-bake pumpkin pie filling for one. Paleo, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, soy-free.
If I could only choose one fall flavor, it would certainly be pumpkin. Not only is it amazingly delicious, but it’s also nutritious and not super high in carbs, like a lot of other fall essentials.
Pure pumpkin boasts quite a few nutritional benefits as well. Not only is it high in vitamin A, which is great for your eyes, but it also contains numerous other nutrients like potassium, vitamin C and antioxidants.
So when someone tells you not to eat that pumpkin-filled dessert, you can boast about all the health benefits!
And to make things even healthier, you can replace that sugar with a no-calorie sweetener that won’t spike blood sugar!
So in my search to find a pumpkin pie recipe that didn’t completely derail my way of eating, I found this little gem of a recipe, and I SWEAR you won’t know the difference!
The texture is spot on, the taste is perfect, and if you know of a good paleo or low-carb crust, then you’re in business for real!
Oh, and did I mention that this requires no baking at all? That’s right, ZERO!
The texture comes in part from the deliciously smooth pure pumpkin, but also from the addition of gelatin. It’s a delicious way to make a pumpkin pie filling without any of effort.
To make this delicious no-bake pumpkin pie filling, all you need is pumpkin, gelatin, a little bit of hot water, butter or ghee, sweetener of your choice and pmpkin pie seasoning or cinnamon.
Start by adding half a packet of plain gelatin to some hot water. Stir until dissolved. In a microwave-safe container, add the butter or ghee, and melt.
To the melted butter, add the gelatin mixture, along with the remaining ingredients. Stir well and place in the fridge. It won’t take long to solidify, then it’s time to dig in!
If you liked this delicious recipe, then I promise you’ll love these other pumpkin recipes!
No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1/2 packet plain gelatin (1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin
- 1 packet sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning
- To a small dish, add half a packet of plain gelatin and 2 tablespoons of hot water. Stir until dissolved.
- To a second microwave-safe dish, add butter and microwave until melted, approximately 30 seconds. To prevent splattering, microwave in 15 second bursts.
- To the melted butter, add gelatin and water mixture, pure pumpkin, sweetener and pumpkin pie seasoning.
- Mix until well-combined. Place in the fridge and allow to set for 15-20 minutes.
- Consume within 3-4 days.