Looking for a lunch recipe or appetizer that will take you under 5 minutes to prepare? These nori-wrapped vegetables are the perfect choice! Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, vegan, Paleo, low-carb and ketogenic.
Summer is best enjoyed outdoors, so naturally no one wants to be spending the time they could be using to enjoy the warm weather slaving away in the kitchen.
So when the weather warms up, I instantly start craving quick and easy recipes. These nori-wrapped vegetables are the epitome of easy because there is ZERO cooking required. Seriously! It doesn’t get much better than this.
It’s SUCH a simple recipe that I almost feel one isn’t required. However, I have gotten requests for the quickest and easiest recipes I could possibly give, so this is one I felt needed to be on the list.
It’s really quite foolproof to make these bad boys. If you have experience making sushi before, then you won’t have any problem with this recipe. The process is exactly the same, but without the rice.
If you’re a newbie to making sushi, no worries! I got ya’ covered. This is much easier than making sushi. In fact, it’s easier than making a burrito even.
You want to start by chopping up your vegetables. I find that the best way to do so is to slice them in thin strips. If you want to buy the carrot sticks, go for it, and make your life EVEN easier.
Once you’ve chopped all the veggies up, simply lay out one sheet of sushi nori (which you can usually find in the International or Asian section of the grocery store). Towards one side, lay out your veggies like you see in the photos.
Try not to overstuff the nori sheets, or you will have trouble keeping them closed. If you wet the edge of the nori sheet, it will help it stick better. Roll it up tightly and carefully slice with a very sharp knife. I usually slice into approximately 3/4 inch pieces.
If you’re still not sure how to roll it up, Youtube is a great place to go for tutorials. One of these days, I will start making recipe videos…
And if you’re looking for a dipping sauce, I highly recommend either this orange carrot ginger sauce, or this peanut sauce. They both work excellent with these tasty nori wraps.
If you give these nori-wrapped vegetables a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
- 2 sheets sushi nori
- 2 medium carrots peeled and ends cut off
- 1 avocado
- lettuce, cucumber or whatever add-ins you like
- Chop carrots and slice avocados. If necessary, chop other ingredients you choose to add in.
- Lay nori sheets out on a flat surface. You do not need a bamboo mat to roll these up.
- Place half of the carrots, avocado and other ingredients towards one end of the nori sheet. Using your fingers, add a dab of water to the opposite end of the nori sheet, to help seal it up.
- Roll up the nori sheet as tightly as possible to secure the fillings.
- Carefully slice into approximately 3/4 inch thick slices with a very sharp knife.
- Repeat for the second nori sheet and enjoy.