Grain-free wraps that are quick and easy to make on the stove. Low in carbs and totally free from gluten, these wraps are sure to be a hit! Ketogenic, low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free.
To be honest, this recipe has stumped me for the longest time. I knew I wanted to come up with a good wrap recipe, and had lots of ideas for recipes using the wraps…I just could not get the ratio of ingredients right!
It probably took me 4-5 attempts, and lots of trial and error to come up with this recipe. I wanted to get it perfect, and so on and on I went until I got it perfect.
I wanted wraps that I knew could stand up to handling, preferably with only one hand, as well as something that was nice and pliable, and would not crumble or crack when bending.
Hence why it took me so long to come up with these guys, but I did it! I am happy to admit that I hit all my items on the checklist, these are quite pliable, easy to pick up without crumbling AND tasty.
To make them, you’ll want to gather coconut flour, eggs and psyllium husk powder. Mix them together in a bowl, making sure there are no clumps of coconut flour left over and that the batter is nice and smooth.
Boil some water and add it to the mixture. Stir until well-incorporated. Allow mixture to rest for several minutes while a nonstick pan heats on the stove with a tablespoon of oil (I recommend coconut).
Spoon approximately 1/4 of the mixture into the hot pan and smooth out to form a round shape. The ideal size is approximately 8 inches in diameter. Make sure the batter is not spread too thin, because it will be difficult to handle.
Once the edges begin to brown, flip over and cook until browned. Repeat with the remaining batter. This should make approximately 4 wraps of approximately an 8 inch diameter.
If you give these grain-free wraps a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!
Grain-Free Wraps (Low-Carb, Keto)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 1/3 cup boiling water (2.7 oz)
- Mix eggs, coconut flour and psyllium husk powder in a bowl until well-incorporated and there are no clumps of coconut flour left. Add in boiling water and mix again. Allow to rest for several minutes. If the mixture seems too thick, add more boiling water one tablespoon at a time.
- In a nonstick pan, add in one tablespoon coconut oil and turn heat to medium. Once the pan is hot, add in 1/4-1/3 of the batter (depending on the size you want your wraps), and allow to cook until the edges begin to brown. *See note below on size of wraps
- Gently flip over the wrap and cook until the other side begins to brown
- Repeat for remaining batter. If the mixture becomes too thick at any point, add in more water one tablespoon at a time and stir.
- Allow to cool for several minutes before consuming.