Looking for ways to prevent the common cold and flu? These immune-boosting ginger recipes are great ways to keep you healthy!
As you likely already know, ginger has incredible health benefits in terms of digestion, nausea and it’s ability to fight common colds and the flu.
Ginger contains gingerol, which has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. The compound is known to exhibit antibacterial and anti-viral properties, which can help fight colds and improve immunity.
A super simple way to add more ginger to your life is with a delicious ginger tea. Sip first thing in the morning, or throughout the day, for a power-packed immune boost.
- 8-10 oz boiling water
- 4 slices ginger root
- squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon raw honey, if desired
- 1 black or green tea bag, if desired
- Boil water. To a mug, add ginger root, lemon juice and honey. Add in boiling water and stir. Allow to steep for 4-5 minutes. Stir again, and remove ginger root. Enjoy. You can also add in a black or green tea bag when steeping, for additional flavor and antioxidant benefit.
- This tea can be enjoyed right away, or cooled and enjoyed iced. Consume within 2 days after preparing.
This candied ginger is a more fun, dessert-like recipe, which balances the spicy ginger flavor with a sweet, sugary dessert coating.
It’s a delicious snack to eat by itself, or it can be added to tons of dessert recipes!
Add Ginger to Your Cooking
Another option is to add ginger into your daily meals. Any type of Asian dish can always use some extra ginger, and there are tons of delicious ginger dessert recipes.
- Spring Roll Pasta
- Beef with Broccoli
- Asian Peanut Sauce
- Asian Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
- Orange Ginger Veggie Stir Fry
- Candied Ginger Snap Cookies
- Super-Moist Gingerbread Cake
- Ginger Citrus Dressing
- Fluffy Gingerbread Cookies
- Gingerbread Mug Cake
You may also enjoy: